Udemy is one of the world’s best online eLearning platforms in the world. For many, it is the best place to learn new skills and to improve on existing knowledge. While Udemy is a place to learn, it is also a place to earn. Individuals can create their courses for FREE and sell to a variety of students all over the world. Today, we want to show you how to create Udemy online course from the scratch.
To create Udemy online course, you will need to follow the instructions and guidelines of the Udemy team. They have given specified instructions on what to do at any stage. So, to follow this guideline will save you time, strength and resources. So, if you are in for this, then, read on to see how to create Udemy online course.
An Udemy course gives students the opportunity to learn actionable skills that will help them in their career, their hobbies, and their life. The most engaging Udemy courses use a combination of different teaching styles and formats and incorporate real world examples, quizzes, and projects. These courses incorporate the instructor’s personality, the skills taught, and the structure of the curriculum itself.
For all of the specific criteria that makes up a Udemy course you’ll need the Udemy Course Quality Checklist. This is what the Udemy Review Team uses to evaluate your course after you publish. You’ll need to hit all of the “Required” elements to be approved on the marketplace, and the “Recommended” items are key for making a good course great.
Below are the steps on how to create Udemy online course using these elements and to find all of the relevant resources you’ll need.
Step 1: Plan Your Course
Planning your course is the first step if you want To Create Udemy Online Course From The Scratch and it’s very important to provide yourself with a solid foundation for building the rest of your course.
- Decide what you want to teach. You probably have an idea of what you want to teach, and now it’s time to get really specific. Think about how you want to differentiate your course. Specialized topics shine in our marketplace, and we encourage you to choose one with a specific audience in mind, rather than going too broad.
- Target Student. This will help you identify who your target audience is, and what you want them to learn from your course. Getting course goals and targets right will go a long way in helping you create a great course structure.
- Create a course structure. This is where you scope the content of your course to ensure that there is enough content for students to engage with and achieve their objectives. This is also where you think through how you want to organize your content. Be sure to conclude each section with either a quiz or a summary to sum up what students have learned.
- Break down your course into lectures and describe them. This step is to help you get more detailed about your content, and break it down into individual sections and lectures. Write a lecture description for each lecture, summarizing what students will learn.
Step 2: Produce Your Course
This is the real meat and potatoes of your course creation process! Get ready to become a Hollywood-ready video producer.
- Select your equipment and set up your home studio using our production guide.
- Submit a test video. Create a quick, ~30 second long video to test out your audio, video, and editing setup to make sure you’re on track for creating high quality videos. If you’re looking for one step you should not miss, this is it!
- Script out your course to make sure you’re covering all of the topics you planned on.
- Practice your script. It is important to practice your script a few times to make sure you’ve got your instructor delivery down. Students love teachers who are passionate, interesting, and not monotonous so make sure you keep those energy levels up! While scripting the course, plan different ways of delivering your content to maximize student engagement.
- Check against our course quality checklist. Before you start recording your course, do a once over of the course quality checklist to make sure that everything is according to plan
- Create your videos. Make sure to use the set-up that the Review team approved during your test video.
- As you’re creating your lectures, consider different types of learners. Video lectures should alternate between the different lecture types and also between presentation styles such as “talking head”, slides, screencasts and drawing boards. Upload your promo video to help draw students in and convince them that your course will change their life.
- You can create up to 550 curriculum items for a course (sections, lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests and assignments).
- Use the bulk uploader to upload your videos into your course. You can also use the uploader to upload any other resources you’re including (supplemental resources, PDF, audio, or presentation lectures). Once your videos are uploaded, go through your outline and associate the videos with the correct lecture.
Step 3: Polish Your Course
How To Create Udemy Online Course – In this step we’re talking about making your course ready for the marketplace. Follow the steps below to polish your course to ensure that your students will want to purchase it.
- Craft a compelling course summary by following our recipe for success.
- Take another look at your course title, and add in a subtitle. Follow these tips to help make your title and subtitle memorable and optimized.
- Create a course image that meets our guidelines. Need help making a course image? We can make it for you (free of charge!) — just fill out this form.
- Complete your Instructor Bio, making sure to highlight why you are an expert who students will love learning from.
- Set your course’s price, and apply to be a premium instructor (so we can pay you!)
Step 4: Publish Your Course
Congratulations! It’s finally here — time to publish your course and start actually teaching students.
- Publish each of your lectures individually.
- Submit your course for review by clicking the “Submit for Review” button at the top of your course.
- Once you have submitted your course for review, the Udemy Review team will look over your course and evaluate it against our Course Quality Checklist.
- Once the Review team has completed their review, they’ll send you some feedback on your Course Feedback page.
- If you have any “Required” elements of the quality checklist that need a bit more love, make those changes and then resubmit your course for review. If you have no “Required” items pending your course will be published into the marketplace!
- Take a look at the promotional strategies outlined on the Teach Hub to get your course up, running, and reaching students.
You have seen How To Create Udemy Online Course, what are you waiting for? For comments and questions, use the comment section. Also, don’t forget to share this vital information with your frends and loved ones.